Published November 19, 2018 08:11
It is truly amazing how the community comes together every year at this time to support children, youth and families who need an extra hand. The out pouring of support this year has been staggering and the most interesting thing is the unique ways people are coming together to help.
- Community Facebook Groups have reached out to their followers to start fundraising campaigns encouraging these folks to donate through the Canada Helps FundraisesNow botton on our website....www.boysandgirlsclubs.ca .
- Hockey teams are collecting food items.
- Spinco is asking their participants to donate at their Friday Spin-it Forward class.
- BC Tree Fruits and UBCO are organizing Toy Drives.
- Amil Anderson and Dilworth Homes are donating 20 turkeys.
- Trail Appliances is collecting Outdoor Clothing and Cash to keep kids warm and the request continue to pour in every day.
- Valley Glass West Kelowna is offering a special windshield service for those who make a donation to the fundraiser they have set up.
- Individuals, companies and Jeep enthusiasts are creating hampers to help families and youth with food and gifts over the holidays through our Adopt a Family Programs.
Giving comes in all shapes and sizes and we are so happy to know that the spirit of giving is alive and well.
Together we will celebrate Giving Tuesday on November 27th. This is a day to reflect on what it means to give and ways we can all show our support of our community. It doesn't always have to be related to donating money or things.....giving is about doing something kind for someone....raking your neighbours leaves, shoveling the snow of a driveway, smiling at a strange as you pass on the street, hugging a friend....anything that makes a difference to a person, animal or our environment. So find your own personal way to GIVE this Giving Tuesday.
Visit Canada Helps to pledge your giving and help Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs win $2500. Join millions of Canadians celebrating GivingTuesday on November 27th, 2018! Simply fill out the form and tell us what you plan to do on GivingTuesday. Enter Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs as your charity of choice and if we are drawn we will receive a $2,500 donation from CanadaHelps!
We can make our communities so much stronger, kinder and caring just by giving.
Thank you for all of us at the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs.